Yeah, of course, I'm going to write about the Watchmen, although not very well.
This is just for self-gathering, but I want to get it out before I read any articles, just in case someone sways my opinion. I never read movie reviews or pre-release predictions and stuff, because I'd like to go in there as uninfluenced as I can. Which is hard and damn near impossible, but you know. I'm fucking dying to read what people thought about the movie, so I'm getting this out now.
Feel free to disregard this post.
1. When it's good, it is GOOD.
2. When it's not good, it's awkward, hollow, and unnecessarily violent.
3. The Comedian and Rorschach were spot on. Brilliant, even, painted perfectly.
4. Both Silk Spectres were piles of crap, and I like Carla Gugino usually. Night Owl could have been better if he didn't have to act opposite Malin Akerman the whole time.
5. Focused too much on the hero, not enough on the human. Not desperate enough. Needs more loss, more uncomfortable emotion in response to the story. I don't want to feel uncomfortable with how they're telling the story.
6. Horrible, horrible, horrible soundtrack. Very distracting.
7. Glossy. Pretty. Shiny. Panel-for-panel, glorious colors etc. Just beautifully shot.
8. Cannot decide how I feel about Dr. Manhattan. Good voice. Odd syllabic timing at points which works sometimes and sometimes does not. Mars is cool except for Malin Akerman. Overabundance of dick.
9. Fucking seriously, they couldn't have fucking cast someone fucking other than fucking Malin fucking Akerman?
10. Stretched out violence for violence sake, and added like forty-five minutes on to the movie which would have been far better spent focusing on dealing with and overcoming the crippling normalcy of being human, not super, whether or not you wear a mask.
Crux of fucking novel.
11. Every single character at one point had to jump from a great height and land on their feet all dramatically. Subtle, Mr. Snyder. Also, next time stick with original score because soundtrack was bullshit. Again.
12. Dialogue is excellent, pulled nearly straight from the book.
13. Most ridiculous sex scene of all time.
That's all I got.